top 10 cordless phones best cordless phones best cordless panasonic home phones top phones
Whether you are looking to buy a new phone or perhaps you need some gift ideas, here is our much coveted top 10 best cordless phones of 2013 to help you make the right choice.
We tested all phones released based on:
- Sound quality
- Build quality
- General performance (range, battery life, answering machine etc)
- All reviews are conducted strictly on phones released in the last 12 months
Siemens features heavily in our list of best home phones and it’s no surprise. Their outstanding build and sound quality combined with intuitive features, sets them apart from the rest. So here we go…
Continue reading “Top 10 – best cordless phones on the market” »
If you have a smartphone, then the chances are you’ve used social media on your mobile at one point or another. It’s great to be connected all the time, but what are the negative effects of social media on your mobile? We’ve developed an infographic to find out the answer…
- 47% of people use social media from their mobiles
- 340 million Facebook app users on iPhone and Android
- After Nov 2012 release of the Facebook app, mobile signal used by the app rocketed by 600% despite their membership only increasing by 4%
- The Facebook app requests 24% of its data volume from YouTube, 16.5% from Twitter, and 15.8% from Tumblr
- Mobile data usage is expected to increase 2000% by 2017
- The cost per megabyte of mobile data has decreased from $0.46 to $0.03 in the last five years
- Uploading 1 photo a day to Twitter costs $0.195
- Viewing 10 photos a day on Twitter costs $0.15
- Annual cost of using Twitter on your mobile: $125.93
- Annual cost of using YouTube on your mobile: $438
- Annual cost of using Facebook on your mobile: $470
- Annual cost of using Pandora on your mobile: $657
- Driving whilst social networking on your mobile makes you four times more likely to crash
- Smartphones slow your driving reaction times to 38% (compared to 21% for Cannabis and 12.5% for Alcohol)
- For every 1 million new mobile subscribers there is a 19% rise in distracted driving fatalities
- 45% of people feel agitated when they can’t access their social networks
- 60% of people feel the need to switch off their phones to have a break
- 66% of people have trouble sleeping after using social media
- 25% of people have relationship problems because of online fights
- Regular mobile users experience withdrawal symptoms similar to that of drug addicts
- 64% of people have accepted a friend request from a stranger
- 73% use a geo-tracking application on their mobile
- 41% are extremely concerned about letting potential burglars know when they’re away
- The Android app uses 75% of its energy to serve ads and uploading user data
…so is Social Media bad for your mobile life? Let us know what you think by adding your comments below and feel free to embed the infographic in your own blog with the embed code below.
<img alt=’Is Social Media Bad for your Phone? [Infographic] – By the team at liGo’ src=’http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/infographic/social-media-mobile.png’ width=’540′ />Is Social Media Bad for your Phone? [Infographic] – By the team at <b><a href=’http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/’>liGo</a></b>
bt phone bt6500 ppi claims blocking ppi claim calls bt 6500 Cordless Phones
We’ve been anticipating it for months – and now it’s here. The new BT6500 hit the market this week amidst claims that it has the power to rid your life of nuisance calls. That’s something we just had to look into further, so as soon as the new model arrived at our offices we dropped everything to bring you our review of BT’s latest offering and whether it can really live up to the hype. Intrigued? Read on…
Why have BT brought out the 6500?
Picture the scene. You’re looking forward to a lazy lie-in after a hard week at the office. You’re planning a romantic little tryst with you better half. The baby’s asleep after hours of fussing and soothing. You’re ill, you’re entertaining friends, you’re in the bath… Continue reading “BT 6500 Review from liGo – With nuisance call blocking: our hot off the press review” »
bt6500 Cordless Phones bt phones ppi claim calls nuisance calls ppi claims blocking
Hot on the heels of Ofcom’s new figures showing that 71% of landline customers receive unwanted nuisance calls, BT has launched a new handset designed to alleviate the problem.
Available to buy even for non BT customers, the BT 6500 is already generating serious market attention due to BT’s claim that it can block up to 80% of unwanted calls.
They include all calls from international numbers as well as withheld numbers and a further 10 numbers specified by the handset’s user.
Siemens Press Release SL 910 SL910 Gigaset Press Release SL 910a SL910a
Gigaset replaces lithium-ion batteries in the SL910 series
Product warning: The cell may overheat in rare cases
December 15, 2011 – Gigaset Communications GmbH is replacing the lithium-ion batteries in the handsets of its SL910 series (the Gigaset SL910, Gigaset SL910A and Gigaset SL910H) because the storage cells may overheat in very rare cases. As a manufacturer of quality products, Gigaset is taking this precautionary measure to rule out any safety risks due to the batteries, which all come from one supplier. Affected consumers are strongly urged to stop using the batteries in question right away and replace them with new ones.
No tags for this post.
The recently launched Gigaset SL910a was quickly reviewed by Which. Here is their Video
Buy the Gigaset SL910a here
stylish phones Siemens Gigaset which best buys best looking best cordless siemens
This year we’ve seen the emergence of Siemens and Panasonic as clearly the best brands for cordless phones. But with an abundance of choice, we wanted to bring you the best of the best. We tested each phone for best sound, durability, styling, features and much more.
Here they are, the best cordless phones to have graced us in 2012.
gigaset sl400 Siemens Gigaset gigaset siemens sl400a gigaset sl400a
The first thing that i will say about the SL400a phones is that they are not cheap, after having numerous BT branded phones (that were of dubious quality) and a few Binatone phones(that were even worse) over the last few years i thought it was time to bite the bullet and splash out on what i can only describe as one of the best phones i have ever seen or used.
The first thing that you notice about the phones as you unpack them is the weight and build quality, they comprise of a nice chromium plated solid metal frame and a metal keypad similar to the laser cut key pads of the Motorola Razr. The batteries install easily and are of the flat lithium-ion type you find in mobile phones. Once the batteries are installed and the shiny black back is clipped on you realise that all that chrome and shiny black is going to show up all the fingerprints. Belt clips are supplied as an option if you want to use them and do not really detract from the overall design of the phone. Continue reading “Customer Review of the Siemens Gigaset SL400 / Gigaset SL400A” »
gigaset siemens c300a Siemens Gigaset gigaset c300a
The new Gigaset C300a promises pure pleasure for its users. With its color display, hands-free capability, large phonebook, long standby and talk times and particularly energy-saving, lowradiation operation, this DECT model sets new standards in the category below 50 euros. A functional design and high-quality keypad make it very easy to use. Popular extras such as SMS text messaging and an alarm complement the wide range of telephony functions. The Gigaset C300A version adds an answering machine to all these features.
gigaset E500A Siemens Gigaset gigaset gigaset E500
An elegant design and maximum ease of use are the distinguishing features of the Gigaset E500 and E500A from Gigaset Communications. Great importance was placed on a generous design of the keys, display and fonts used for the new phones, and on ensuring exceptional sound quality – including in handsfree mode or in conjunction with hearing aids or a headset. Four separate speed dialing keys for important numbers, as well as an emergency call function with the E500A, ensure even more security and user-friendliness. Important new features compared with the predecessor model, the E360, include a side rocker control to adjust the volume during calls, a larger, high-contrast display, even brighter key illumination and the latest power-saving and low-radiation ECO DECT technology. The Gigaset E500A also has an answering machine with a display that shows the number of messages and a light bar on the base station that visually signals incoming calls.