GAP registration Repeater Registration RTX repeater RTX Repeater Registration
Extending the range of your cordless phones with the RTX repeater is made easy, with our handy guide for registration.
If you have already tried to set-up your repeater unsuccessfully, please reset your repeater (by plugging it in for 5 seconds, removing for 5 seconds, plugging it back in for 30 seconds, and then removing it) before moving on to the steps provided below. You will need to carry out this procedure in the vicinity of your cordless phone’s base station (main unit connected to your phone line):
For registering the RTX repeater with Gigaset phones:
Step 1: Disable ECO mode
- From the handset, press the menu button or the centre of joystick then follow the sequence below:
- Go to SETTINGS → BASE or SYSTEM → (ADD. FEATURES*) → ECO MODE → OK or no tick (TO DISABLE ECO MODE)
Step 2: Enable Repeater support
- Follow Step 1 to access the SETTINGS and follow the sequence below:
- Go to SETTINGS → BASE or SYSTEM → (ADD. FEATURES*) → REPEATER MODE → YES or a tick (TO ENABLE REPEATER SUPPORT)
Step 3: Put your phone into registration mode and register the repeater
- Locate the page/intercom button on your phone’s base unit (this is the bigger unit which is plugged into your phone point). Press and hold the button for 3 seconds – you may hear a beep after doing this (depending on the model of the phone). The phone is now in registration mode and you will have 5 minutes to register the repeater.
- Insert the repeater’s power plug for 1-2 seconds in the socket and then remove it. Insert it once more and leave it there. The LED on the repeater should now flash very quickly without interruptions.
- On your handset, press (2) on the keypad and then the green answer button. The repeater’s LED will flash a corresponding number of times. Accept the registration by pressing the (*) key on the handset and wait until the dial tone cuts out. ^
The LED should go off for 2 seconds, flash for a brief moment and then remain continuously illuminated. This means the repeater is now registered.
For registering the RTX repeater with all other models:
Step 1: Put your phone into registration mode
- Locate the page/intercom/find button on your phone’s base unit (this is the bigger unit which is plugged into your phone point).
- Push the button and hold it for 3-5 seconds – you may hear a beep or a pulsing sound after doing this (depending on the model of the phone). The phone is now in registration mode and ready to be registered with the repeater.
Step 2: Registering the repeater
- Insert the repeater’s power plug for 2-3 seconds in the socket and then remove it. Insert it once more and leave it there. The LED on the repeater should now flash very quickly without interruptions.
- The registration should take up to 1 minute to complete.
When the LED on the repeater stops flashing and has a constant red light, this means the repeater is now registered.
If this fails to work, try resetting the repeater and going through the procedure again. Alternatively, contact our highly-trained Customer Service staff for further support.
I had trouble too but managed it with our KX-TG8424E (same phone but with 4 handsets). On the base station you will see a button for calling the handsets so that you can find them if they get lost. Press and hold that button for 5 seconds. That puts the base station in registration mode. Good luck.
Thanks Dominic for the suggestion. I can do that and I get the bleeps, also the rapid flashes on on the repeater. However when I scroll down on the phone to base unit set up and then to Repeater, the repeater only allows an option for ‘on’ or ‘off’. I can see some reaction between the base unit and repeater but can’t get it to settle down as a steady light on the repeater.
I have recently bought an rtx repeater but I have a problem.
I have managed to register the repeater to the base and I have transfered it to the remote location.
The light is permanently on.
The problem is that the Panasonic handsets don’t communicate with the repeater! I get an indication at the screen that there is no signal although the repeater is one meter far from the handsets and the repeater’s light is permanently on.
Please inform me what to do.
If the product is broken please inform me to send it back for a check.
I am trying to register a RTX 4002 repeater to my Panasonic KX-TG8220E phone system, but the rapid flashing light does not stop. I have tried it both after pressing the “page/register” button, and without and get the same result. Any suggestions please?
I have to confess that I have lost the original instruction manual and can’t find the full version on the www so would be grateful for any suggestions.