5th Mar 2011
What is the range now on your phone compared to before you installed the repeater?
26th Apr 2011
I am having difficulty getting this to work as the light keeps flashing all the time - can anyone please help?
Bob the Builder
22nd May 2011
I bought this repeater from Ligo on the strength of a review on the amazon website by "randomuser" which gave installation instructions for my Gigaset 785. It worked, the original user manual instruction did not. hope this helps others.
1. Go to settings / system / eco mode (ensure that this is unticked / disabled)
2. Go to settings / system / repeater mode (ensure that this is ticked / enabled)
3. Press the paging button on the system's base station for 3 seconds.
4. Switch on the repeater's power supply for 3 seconds then switch it off. Then switch it on again and leave it on. The repeater's LED will flash very quickly and continuously
5. On the handset, press 2 and then the green answer button. The repeater's LED will flash.
6. Then press * on the handset and wait until the dial tone cuts out.
7. The LED will go off for 2 seconds, flash for a moment and then remain continuously lit. The repeater is now registered.
9th Jun 2011
Thanks Bob the Builder - your instructions worked whereas the manual did not - many thanks!
2nd Nov 2011
Many thanks Bob the Builder. I spent 3hours trying to get it to work. After finding your post it took 5mins to fix the problem
9th Nov 2011
Bob's instructions are exactly as I figured it out through trial and error before seeing this forum. It is worth noting with the VoIP Gigaset phones there is no dial tone in VoIP mode. You must either set them to default to fixed line, or make sure it's not auto dialing an area std code. Then follow Bob's instructions as above and it'll work great! :)
16th Nov 2011
I have tried again and again to set the Avoco repeater up with the Gigaset C475 and the red light is still flashing. Even got liGo to send another repeater in case first one is faulty. Have tried Bob's method but still doesn't work - any advice gratefully appreciated.
27th Nov 2011
Yesterday I set up my Gigaset C475 and experienced similar problems with the repeater as those above. I followed Bob's advice and although it took a couple of attempts it did eventually work. I have to say the advice and service from LiGo was exceptional and I would most certainly use this website again. So stick with it and it does work. Perhaps the manufacturers could amend their instruction. I spend several hours trying to get this to work using their written instructions and finally I trawled this website for advice.
10th Jan 2012
I wish I had read these reviews before wasting one hour trying to register the repeater. I found the manufacturer's manual unhelpful and vague. I eventually got it to register by placing my Gigaset phone on its charger, disconnected the power to the repeater, reconnected the power, waited for 10 seconds and then took the phone off the charger whereupon it registered! Phew!